Beyond the Rack Processes Online Payments with Optimal Payments to Support Rapid Growth
Fast growth isn’t unusual for online businesses, but Beyond the Rack, a members-only flash sales shopping site, has expanded quicker than most, moving from standing start to more than $100 million in sales in only two years.
Optimal Payments has been processing all of Beyond the Rack’s payments through the NETBANX service right from the beginning, scaling from $400 a day to approximately $250,000 a day. By partnering closely with Beyond the Rack to support their innovative business model, Optimal Payments has created innovative solutions to scale the online retailer’s growth while preventing fraud.
This report discusses how Optimal Payments provides Beyond the Rack with:
- Scalable payment processing
- Credit and refund processes
- Fraud reduction and prevention
- International payments without customer surcharges
Optimal Payments Improves npower’s IVR Payment Processing and Increases Operational Efficiencies
British utility company npower sought a redesign of their automated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone payment option. Their goals were to increase the number of customers choosing IVR over speaking to a live operator and to reduce the number of failed transactions. NETBANX and its partner OPEX Hosting were tasked with redesigning the system to increase customer use and cut the number of failed transactions. NETBANX delivered an efficient and effective system, going from initial instruction to full roll-out of the new system in less than six weeks.
This report discusses how NETBANX provided npower with:
- Improved payment processing through an IVR system
- Faster, more secure, and effective payments from customers
- A 30% increase in successful transactions
- Service launch within three weeks of initial instructions
- Full roll-out within three weeks of launch
Mackage Integrates the Optimal Payments NETBANX Hosted Payment Extension for Magento
Montreal-based fashion outerwear label Mackage sells its products online and – as with many who sell luxury brands and high-ticket items – became a target of fraudulent purchases. In 2013, the company undertook a major revamping of their website using the Magento Enterprise ecommerce platform. The challenge for Optimal was to provide a fully integrated payment and fraud-management solution that could be managed from a single point of access through the Magento platform. Since the launch of their new website, Mackage has proactively minimized their losses while providing their customers with an enhanced checkout experience.
This report discussed how Optimal’s NETBANX Hosted Payment Extension for Magento provided Mackage with:
- A custom Silent Post REST API integration with single point of access though Magento ecommerce platform
- Continuous real-time fraud monitoring and refining of risk parameters
- The ability to hold and review suspicious/fraudulent transactions using ThreatMetrix and additional custom velocity rules
- The ability to issue credits and refunds processed directly though the Magento platform
- Customer profile management and one-click checkout using tokenization of cardholder data for repeat customers
Optimal Payments Develops Custom Payment Processing Solution for Loto-Québec’s Online Gaming Site, Espacejeux.com
Loto-Québec is a long standing government agency that runs a public lottery and operates four casinos, a video lottery network, two gaming halls, and network bingo activities. In December 2010, Loto-Québec launched North America’s second government-owned and operated online gaming site, Espacejeux.com, as a government initiative to provide a responsible alternative to the unregulated online gambling sites available to Quebec residents. Their requirement was to deliver a high-performance, entertaining, and enjoyable online gaming site that fits into Loto-Québec’s vision of becoming a world leader in the responsible marketing of games of chance.
Following an exhaustive RFP process, Loto-Québec chose Optimal Payments to deliver a fully customized end-to-end solution including:
- Identity, age, and residency verification
- Multiple payment options, and payment processing using tokenization
- Account registration/management
- Compliant account funding/disbursement
- Secure payment processing and fraud management
The Canadian Red Cross Chooses Optimal Payments to Process Online Donations
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. Non-profit organizations like the CRC who process online donations are required to keep their chargeback and fraud ratios below specific thresholds. The CRC required a payment processor with an end-to-end solution, a robust and sophisticated payment gateway, and the ability to respond to emerging trends in online fraud.
After a comprehensive risk analysis and consultation on previous processing history, Optimal Payments delivered:
- A sophisticated PCI DSS Level 1 payment-processing platform that supports multiple payment options
- A Canadian merchant account with the ability to accept one-time and recurring online and telephone donations
- Powerful fraud-management tools, including a proprietary Risk Rules Engine (RRE) with customizable parameter settings
- A consultative approach to risk and fraud management with experienced experts in e-commerce fraud
- Real-time transaction data and comprehensive back-office reporting